Brave New Play Rites is a festival of new work by UBC playwriting students. It runs from March 14-21, 2016 at Studio 1398 on Granville Island. We are currently seeking actors to round out this year’s company.
Seeking non-union actors for roles in twelve short plays. To build a company that reflects the diverse population of Vancouver, we encourage actors of all backgrounds to audition.
2016 Festival Company
- 6 actors – to play female, 20s
- 6 actors – to play male, 20s
- 5 actors – to play female, 30s/late 20s
- 3 actors – to play male, 30s
- 3 actors – to play female, late teens
- 3 actors – to play male, early teens
- 1 actor – to play female, 40s
- 1 actor – to play male, 50s
- 2 actors – to play male, 18-40
- 1 actor – to play female, 18-40
- 1-5 performers, movement-oriented, gender/age neutral
To be considered for an audition, please submit a HEADSHOT (or clear photo of your face, shoulders and up) and ACTING RESUME/CV to our festival producers at firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:00 PM on Wednesday, January 13th.
Please indicate any scheduling conflicts on the audition days.
- Sunday, January 17th from 12:00-7:00 PM
- Monday, January 18th from 6:00-10:00 PM
Those selected for an audition will be asked to prepare two contrasting, contemporary monologues, no more than two minutes each. (No Classical monologues, please.) All auditions will take place at Playwrights Theatre Center (PTC) at 739 Gore Ave #202, Vancouver, BC V6A 2Z9.
Unfortunately, due to the number of submissions, only those invited to audition will be contacted.