BRAVE NEW PLAY RITES FESTIVAL 2017 DIRECTING APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
We are seeking TEN Vancouver-based Directors for our 2017 productions. This is an excellent opportunity for theatre artists starting their career looking for professional experience. BNPR is a student-based production run with professional integrity.
The role of Director is an integral part of a successful Festival.
Each Director will be responsible for directing one play. Each play will have a running time of 10-15 minutes.
All experience levels are welcomed to apply.
- Technical crew, and front of house staff
- Festival auditions presenting a large pool of actors
- Rehearsal space, performance space
- Promotional materials and publicity
- A collaborative process with the playwright to continue developing a new work with actors and a dramaturge
- A supportive environment for directors to experiment and hone their skills
We are looking for individuals with:
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal communication
- Excellent attention to detail with a mind for efficiency under a small budget
- Ability to work independently
- Reliable, punctual and responsible; available during 3 month process
- A creative problem solver who remains flexible in a fast-paced environment
Schedule is flexible, with a few key dates.
- January 21: Playwright/Director Festival Orientation
- January 22, and the evening of January 23: Auditions
- February 1-March 18: Rehearsals (Director and actors will work out specific schedules)
- March 20-26: Festival Tech/Production Week — Studio 1398
Directors will receive a small honorarium at the completion of the festival.
How to Apply
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) A Completed Application: directorapplication-2017
2) Your theatre CV/résumé
We look forward to your application.
-2017 Festival Staff