LIGHTING AND SOUND DESIGNERS – JOB POSTING
Brave New Play Rites Festival – March 9-17, 2019
Celebrating its 33rd anniversary, Brave New Play Rites is an annual festival of new plays written by UBC Creative Writing students and produced at Studio 1398 on Granville Island.
For our Full Productions, we are seeking 2 Lighting and 2 Sound Designers, who will each be responsible for 5 plays.
The plays are 10 to 15 minutes each, organized into two programs of 5 plays each.
The Lighting and Sound Designers will receive an honorarium of $75 per show.
- Tue Nov 27th – Wed 28th: Interviews
- Wed Jan 02: Lighting and Sound Designers Job Offers Go Out – 17:00
- Sun Jan 13: Festival Orientation – 10:00 to 12:00
- Wed Jan 25 to Sun Mar 10: Full Productions – Production Team communications and rehearsal visits
- Mon Feb 25: Directors send Final Cue List and Props List
- Sun Mar 03: Paper Tech Meeting – 12:00 to 14:00
- Sat Mar 9 to Sun Mar 10: Full Productions Technical Rehearsals
- Mon Mar 11: Full Productions Dress Rehearsal
- Tues Mar 12, Thur Mar 14, Sat Mar 16: Full Productions Program 1 at 7:30pm
- Wed Mar 13, Fri Mar 15, Sun Mar 17: Full Productions Program 2 at 7:30pm
- Mon Mar 18: Invoice and Receipts Due
How to Apply:
Please include your name, phone number, a 50 word biography and your curriculum vitae.
Please put ‘LIGHTING OR SOUND DESIGNER SUBMISSION’ in the email subject line.
Please also indicate two or three potential interview times you are available on Nov 27th – 28th
Due to the volume of submissions, only those invited to be interview will be contacted.
All are welcome to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
– 2019 Production Team