STAGE MANAGER – JOB POSTING
Brave New Play Rites Festival – March 9-17, 2019
Celebrating its 33rd anniversary, Brave New Play Rites is an annual festival of new plays written by UBC Creative Writing students and produced at Studio 1398 on Granville Island.
For our Full Productions, we are seeking 2 stage managers, who will each be responsible for 5 plays.
The plays are 10 to 15 minutes each, organized into two programs of 5 plays each.
Stage Managers will receive an honorarium of $100 per show.
- Tue Nov 27 – Wed Nov 28: Stage Manager Interviews
- Wed Jan 02: Stage Manager Job Offers Go Out – 17:00
- Sun Jan 13: Festival Orientation and Auditions – 10:00 to 19:00
- Mon Jan 14: More Auditions – 18:00 to 20:30
- Fri Jan 25 to Sun Mar 10: Full Productions – Production Team communications and rehearsal visits
- Mon Feb 25: Directors send final Cue List and Props List
- Wed Feb 27: Playwrights send Final Drafts of Scripts
- Sun Mar 03: Paper Tech Meeting – 12:00 to 14:00
- Mon Mar 11 to Sun Mar 17: Full Productions Technical and Performance Schedule
- Mon Mar 18: Invoice and Receipts Due
How to Apply:
Please include your name, phone number, a 50 word biography and your curriculum vitae.
Please put ‘STAGE MANAGER SUBMISSION’ in the email subject line.
Please also indicate two or three potential interview times you are available on Nov 27th or 28th
Due to the volume of submissions, only those invited to be interview will be contacted.
All are welcome to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
– 2019 Production Team