BRAVE NEW PLAY RITES FESTIVAL 2017 ASSISTANT STAGE MANAGER APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
We are seeking one Vancouver-based Assistant Stage Manager (ASM) for our 2017 production. This is an excellent opportunity for theatre artists starting their career looking for professional experience. BNPR is a student-based production run with professional integrity. Small honorariums provided.
Note: The ASM would be the backstage support for both Program A and Program B (Each program consists of five 10-15 min plays each).
The roles of ASM is integral role to the success of BNPR. ASM will be responsible for supporting the smooth run of 10 short plays making their debut during the festival.
All experience levels are welcomed to apply. We are looking for:
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to positively take direction from Stage Manager and Production Staff
- Reliable, punctual and responsible
- A creative problem solver who remains flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Prior theatre production and/or technical experience
- March 19-22: Festival Tech/Dress Rehearsals– Studio 1398
- March 23-26: Festival Productions–Studio 1398
- March 27: Strike of Venue–Studio 1398
Possible attendance at Monthly Production meetings.
ASMs will receive a small honorarium at the completion of the festival.
How to Apply
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) A completed application form: assistantstagemanagerapplication-2017
2) Your theatre CV/résumé with at least two references.
We look forward to your application.
-2017 Festival Staff