BRAVE NEW PLAY RITES FESTIVAL 2017 LIGHT DESIGN APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
We are seeking a Vancouver-based Lighting Designer for our 2017 Festival. This is an excellent opportunity for theatre artists starting their career looking for professional experience. BNPR is a student-based production run with professional integrity.
The role of Lighting Designer is an integral role to the success of BNPR. The Lighting Designer will share responsibilities of supporting the efficient interpretation of 10 short plays making their debut during the festival.
All experience levels are welcomed to apply. We are looking for:
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal communication
- Excellent attention to detail with a mind for efficiency under a small budget
- Ability to work independently
- Reliable, punctual and responsible; available during 3 month process
- A creative problem solver who remains flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Prior theatre production and/or technical experience
Schedule is flexible, with a few key dates.
- February 1-March 18: Rehearsals (Director and actors will work out specific schedules, designer will arrange meetings with directors and to attend a rehearsal of each play)
- March 20-26: Festival Production Week — Studio 1398
- Attend Monthly Production meetings.
The Designer will receive an honorarium at the completion of the festival.
How to Apply
Email to email@example.com::
1) A completed application: lightingdesignerapplication-2017
2) Your theatre CV/résumé with at least two references.
We look forward to your application.
-2017 Festival Staff