Celebrating its 32nd anniversary, Brave New Play Rites is an annual festival of new plays written by UBC Creative Writing students and produced at Studio 1398 on Granville Island.
For our Full Productions, we are seeking 2 stage managers, who will each be responsible for 5 plays.
The plays are 10 to 15 minutes each.
Stage Managers will receive an honorarium of $100 per show.
- Wed Nov 15: Stage Manager Application Deadline – 12:00
- Sun Nov 26: Stage Manager Interviews – 13:00 to 18:00
- Mon Nov 27: Stage Manager Interviews – 18:00 to 19:30
- Wed Jan 03: Stage Manager Job Offers Go Out – 17:00
- Sun Jan 14: Festival Orientation and Auditions – 10:00 to 19:00
- Mon Jan 15: More Auditions – 18:00 to 20:30
- Wed Jan 24 to Sun Mar 11: Full Productions – Production Team communications and rehearsal visits
- Sun Feb 25: Full Production Tech Rider Due
- Sun Feb 25: Production Meeting – 12:00 to 14:00
- Sun Mar 04: Paper Tech Meeting – 12:00 to 14:00
- Mon Mar 12 to Sat Mar 18: Full Productions Technical and Performance Schedule
- Thu Mar 14: Invoice and Receipts Due
How to Apply:
Please include your name, phone number, a 50 word biography and your curriculum vitae.
Please put ‘STAGE MANAGER SUBMISSION’ in the email subject line.
Please also indicate two or three potential interview times you are available on Sun Nov 26 (13:00 to 16:00) or Mon Nov 27 (18:00 to 20:00).
Deadline for Applications:
Wednesday November 15, 2017 at 12:00 Noon
Late submissions will not be considered.
Due to the volume of submissions, only those invited to be interview will be contacted.
All are welcome to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you.
2018 Production Team