BRAVE NEW PLAY RITES FESTIVAL 2017 STAGE MANAGER APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
We are seeking TWO Vancouver-based Stage Managers (SMs) for our 2017 productions. This is an excellent opportunity for theatre artists starting their career looking for professional experience.
The roles of SMs are an integral role to the success of BNPR. SMs will each be responsible for one of the Brave New Play Rites Programs (Each program consists of 5 short 10-15 min plays)
Note: This is a festival stage manager position, meaning that though attending at least one rehearsal of each play would be required, the stage manger would not be expected to attend every rehearsal of every play in their program.
Each Stage Manager would be required to attend tech/dress rehearsals etc. during tech week for their respective Program only.
BNPR is a student-based production run with professional integrity. Small honorariums provided.
All experience levels are welcomed to apply. We are looking for:
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to positively take direction from Directors, Designers Production Staff
- Reliable, punctual and responsible
- A creative problem solver who remains flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Prior theatre production and/or technical experience
Schedule is flexible, with a few key dates.
- January 21: Playwright/Director Festival Orientation (optional)
- January 22, or the evening of January 23: Auditions (Each Stage Manager would assist on one of the two Audition Days)
- February 1-March 18: Rehearsals (Director and actors will work out specific schedules, Stage Manager will attend at least one rehearsal of each play in their Designated Program)
- March 20-26: Festival Tech/Production Week — Studio 1398 (Official Tech Times and Dress Rehearsals will be announced January 2017)
- March 27: Strike of the venue.
- Attend Monthly Production Meetings.
SMs will receive an honorarium at the completion of the festival.
How to Apply
Email to email@example.com:
1) A completed Application: stagemanagerapplication-2017
2) Your theatre CV/résumé with at least two references.
We look forward to your application.
-2017 Festival Staff